We’re excited to inform you that Nido is currently hiring. We currently have a position to work with us in our Children’s House as an Assistant starting September 2017.
Have experience working with children
Be native English speakers
We will highly value:
Candidates holding an AMI Diploma
Candidates who have completed an AMI Assistant Training Course
Music and Art skills.
Long term commitment to the school
Knowledge or working experience in a Montessori environment.
Good verbal and written communication skills in Catalan, Spanish, French
The general duties include but are not limited to:
- Uphold the grace and courtesy standards
- Be a model student of integrity, curiosity, responsibility, creativity and respect for all racial, cultural and gender diversity.
Preparation and care of the environment:
- Preparation and maintenance of the Montessori prepared environment. This includes tasks of restocking, cleaning and maintaining.
- Care and preparation of materials (they need to be complete, repaired and maintained within Montessori principles of simplicity, order and beauty). This includes washing, dusting, restocking and repairing.
- Arriving promptly to prepare the environment for the day and greet the children.
Assisting the Guide
- Work under the direction of the Guide to establish a class culture of productive work and respect.
- Supervise the classroom when necessary mediating in conflicts as directed by the Guide. Work with individual children or groups of children when directed by the guide.
- Establishing and upholding routines and transitions such as arrivals and dismissals, lunch, recess or nap time.
- Assist children in meeting their physical needs while respecting and fostering their autonomy: going to the bathroom, changing clothes, etc.
- Scientific observation of the children as instructed by the guide. This is to be done on a daily basis. Records must be kept, organized and analyzed with the other assistant and guide.
- Seek feedback to improve performance in supporting the environment and in your work with the children. Be open to constructive feedback.
- Be open to giving constructive feedback to peers
- Participate in structured and informal professional development opportunities provided by the school or others. This will include parent education nights, open houses and more.
- Be interested in learning more about Montessori philosophy
Communication and professionalism
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate professional behavior towards students, families and co-workers
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure a positive work environment.
- Maintain professional appearance, timeliness and reliability
How to apply:
Send your resumé and a letter of motivation together with any reference you want to provide from previous employers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 28/04/2017
We are currently looking for trained Montessori teachers and assistants to be part of our project. If the project interests you and you are a native English and/or Catalan speaker and Montessori trained, send us your curriculum and a short letter explaining how you could perfectly fit the needs of a project like this to email@example.com
We are also looking for:
- Yoga teachers for pregnant women and mother & baby groups with English and/or Catalan as a native language,
- English teachers,
- Theater teachers,
- Homework club monitors,
- Teacher who could create original workshops for children between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m that has to do with the Montessori pedagogy.
We are open to suggestions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you and see you soon ,